The Pearl of the Indian Ocean is primed to receive some of Asia’s best, thanks to the Singaporean born Anita Dorai. Having made a home away from home in Sri Lanka five years ago, caused her to see a niche category of entertainment which she strives to introduce through her epic shows.
Her latest show titled, ‘KUMARSUTRA’ is a presentation of a comedy like none other featuring South East Asia’s most iconic and respected performing artist and brilliant stand- up comedian, Kumar who has held a commanding stage presence for almost three decades.
In 2018 Anita presented a fashion extravaganza called the ‘Threads of Time’ which was woven around a blending of eastern and western haute couture by Singaporean fashion designer, Kavita Thulasidas. Proceeds from the event were used to donate 100 specially designed wheelchairs to ‘Wheels for Wheels,’ an initiative by ‘Around the Pearl’ – a charitable organization which aids those who are afflicted with cerebral palsy. Similarly, the Sri Lanka production of ‘KUMARSUTRA’ will be another opportunity to donate towards Wheels for Wheels.
The show is scheduled on March 17, 2019 at the Hilton Colombo with Kumar introducing the audience to a heady mix of performance art interlaced with his unique comedy, anecdotes and entertainment. An inherent flair and capacity to make anyone laugh makes Kumar a much sought after comedian in Asia and we are grateful to Anita for taking an initiative to introduce the best of her world to us.
“Laughter is the best medicine” and one is bound to relive all the tension and stress with a good dose of Kumar’s entertainment,” quipped Anita.
“This spectacular event is part of our desire to showcase celebrated Asian talent to the local audience who for years have patronized the theatre and entertainment which is largely western based. These forms of entertainment are closer to home and bring in a fresh –faced Asian flavour,” concluded Anita.
- Globally acclaimed musical maestro Rohan de Lanerolle is a source of pride to Mother Lanka - September 6, 2021
- Ceylon Shipping Corporation (CSC) – National Carrier of Sri Lanka celebrates Golden Jubilee Fifty Years of Yeomen service - September 6, 2021
- Preemptive solutions to counter emergencies that arise from transporting hazardous cargo – Chairman of CASA - September 6, 2021
- Ceylon Cinnamon/ cinnamomum Ceylanikum – The spice that launched a thousand ships In conversation with the legendary Herman Gunaratne - September 6, 2021
- Sri Lanka: strategically positioned to serve the burgeoning global maritime security trade –in light of increasing threat to the maritime industry - September 6, 2021