“They remind me of the Victoria Secret models,” said she with a burst of laughter, recalling the elegant manner in which they placed one leg in front of the other, with grace attributed to models on the ramp. I managed to contact our amazing photographer, Sadhina Abeysuriya during one of her brief respites in a remote part of Sri Lanka, as I viewed her brilliant photographs of the flaming flamingoes in one of our whatsapp groups.
She laughingly revealed her encounter with these psychedelic beauties, who are currently on their annual vacation to Sri Lanka. These migratory birds are a sight for sore eyes and balm to the soul in search of inner peace, as one could spend hours watching them feasting on the shrimp amidst the salterns in the North/North Eastern part of the Island.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, and the one in which she is lying on her belly, with camera held focused on the flamingoes in the distance , depicts her dedication and passion for capturing the wonder of nature.
“Initially, they shy away, but when they are confident that you mean no harm, they surreptitiously draw closer to you,” revealed Sadhina with unbridled awe and admiration.
As I mentioned before, Sadhina sees into the very soul of a living creature and her pictures vividly capture the essence of these spectacular marvels of nature.
- Children in Lockdown Arts Festival - November 24, 2021
- YOUNG DUNITH DE SILVA LAUNCHES SRI LANKA’S FIRST EVER CRYPTO-CURRENCY MASTER CLASS PLATFORM - November 12, 2021
- #KNOWDEMENTIA #KNOWALZHEIMERS – SPOT THE WARNING SIGNS - November 12, 2021
- Globally acclaimed musical maestro Rohan de Lanerolle is a source of pride to Mother Lanka - September 6, 2021
- Ceylon Shipping Corporation (CSC) – National Carrier of Sri Lanka celebrates Golden Jubilee Fifty Years of Yeomen service - September 6, 2021