St. Joseph’s College, Colombo 10, captained by Lushane de Silva emerged champions at the Under-15 All Island ‘Samaposha’ Soccer Championships held recently, beating Al Aqsa College, Kinniya 2-0, in the final played at the Sir Albert Peiris Stadium, Wennappuwa.
After qualifying for the final round, St. Joseph’s College beat St. Henry’s College, Illavali 5-2, in the pre-quarter final, Samanthurai Muslim MV 3-1 in the quarter final, St. Sebastian’s College, Katuneriya 3- 2 in the semi dinal, and finally Al Aqsa College, in a nail biting final.
Josephian striker, Shenal Sandesh was adjudged the Player of the Tournament and scored goals in all the matches of the tournament, whilst the brilliant Josephian goal keeper Manish Perera was adjudged the Best Goal Keeper of the Tournament.
St. Joseph’s College last won an All Island Under-15 Soccer title under Jerome Ambrose when Chaminda Dodanwela netted the winning goal against St. Anthony’s College, Wattala, at the Henry Pedris Stadium in 1987. Jerome Ambrose’s team also won the Brazil Cup in the Under-19 age group.
- Children in Lockdown Arts Festival - November 24, 2021
- YOUNG DUNITH DE SILVA LAUNCHES SRI LANKA’S FIRST EVER CRYPTO-CURRENCY MASTER CLASS PLATFORM - November 12, 2021
- #KNOWDEMENTIA #KNOWALZHEIMERS – SPOT THE WARNING SIGNS - November 12, 2021
- Globally acclaimed musical maestro Rohan de Lanerolle is a source of pride to Mother Lanka - September 6, 2021
- Ceylon Shipping Corporation (CSC) – National Carrier of Sri Lanka celebrates Golden Jubilee Fifty Years of Yeomen service - September 6, 2021