Tong Ni Foot Spa is the ideal indulgence for those who wish to relax and pamper themselves at any time of the day. Open all year around, it is a much needed respite from the stresses of everyday life.
The soothing ambience ensures relaxation to the body, mind and soul from the moment you enter. Situated in the heart of Colombo, it is easily accessible to those who wish to unwind after a hard day’s work or to others who prefer a mid- day massage or a therapeutic foot rub. At Tong Ni Foot Spa, they specialize in varies forms of massages such as reflexology foot massages, Shitsu back massages and more depending on the customers preference. Professionally trained Chinese and Sri Lanka Masseuses (male and female) offer a specialized service for patrons.
Spas are an important facet in the far eastern culture, renowned for its fast-paced lifestyle. Many would seek solace and restoration from their daily routine through a rejuvenating massage.
Massaging has likely been part of the human race since the dawn of time and would have been discovered by accident but the earliest documented evidence of these techniques have emerged from China dating back to 3000 BC. These manuscripts which were carefully preserved through time have been pivotal to a global acceptance of this form of therapy.
Massage, a systematic manipulation and rubbing of bodily tissues and muscles to relax and soothe aches. The Chinese focused on a combination of herbs, exercise and massage to treat illness and maintain health.
The general practice of Chinese massage grew from a combination of philosophies, including that of traditional Chinese medicine, the practice of martial arts, Buddhists and Taoists, who view touch as a key component of spiritual growth. “Chinese massage methods originated from the principle that diseases and illnesses arise due to a deficiency or imbalance in the energy in specific pathways or meridians that represent physiological systems.”
The Chinese medicine practice of utilizing massage for relaxation and restoration of vigour is widely used while another form of massage is primarily used as physiotherapy and used for the purpose of eradicating diseases such as cancer and migraine.
Tong Ni Foot Spa – 462, Galle Road, Colombo 03.
For reservations – (011) 521 9661
By Rochelle Palipane Gunaratne
Photography By: Chinthaka Udayakantha
- Globally acclaimed musical maestro Rohan de Lanerolle is a source of pride to Mother Lanka - September 6, 2021
- Ceylon Shipping Corporation (CSC) – National Carrier of Sri Lanka celebrates Golden Jubilee Fifty Years of Yeomen service - September 6, 2021
- Preemptive solutions to counter emergencies that arise from transporting hazardous cargo – Chairman of CASA - September 6, 2021
- Ceylon Cinnamon/ cinnamomum Ceylanikum – The spice that launched a thousand ships In conversation with the legendary Herman Gunaratne - September 6, 2021
- Sri Lanka: strategically positioned to serve the burgeoning global maritime security trade –in light of increasing threat to the maritime industry - September 6, 2021